Wednesday, August 12, 2009

8/12/09 Recovery Day 7

It was hard to open my eyes when I woke up this morning. The contacts were REALLY dry and my eyelids were sticking to them. I couldn’t get those drops in fast enough. (BTW, the drops taste nasty. You wouldn’t think you would taste them but they come down into the back of your throat.) I had my 1 week follow-up appointment today. The doctor said the tissue is healed but still delicate so I need to be careful with makeup and rubbing my eyes. In another week I can go swimming, which will be nice since it’s about a million degrees here! He took the contacts out and it feels much better to not have them irritating my eyes but now I have some burning. At the appointment I was seeing 20/25 but I’m pretty sure it has deteriorated throughout the day, as I was told to expect. I’m excited about a few things today- 1. I can see 20/25 when a week ago I couldn’t see the big E!!!, 2. I can wear makeup now, 3. No more contacts, 4. I don’t have to wear the goggles to bed anymore, 5. (totally unrelated) I bought some perfect fitting jeans and a cute jacket on clearance. Great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment